Elhovo properties   Elhovo property for sale      Property in Bulgaria
www.property-elhovo.com   
Logo alt text
    Home ||  Bulgaria ||  Elhovo Real estate Agency ||  Elhovo municipality ||  Why Bulgaria ||  Contact Us ||
 

Pomorie


The town of Pomorie (population : 15000)is situated on a narrow and rocky peninsula, bordered by the sea on one side andby the Pomorie lake – on the other. It is situated 18km north of connecting Bourgas and roughly the same distance south of connecting Nessebar. Pomorie's establishment dates back the 4th century BC. At that time, Apolonia (present – day connecting Sozopol) built its own colony under the name of Anhialo. Acolony of the metropolis of Messembria (present – day connecting Nessebar) was founded here in the 5th century BC. The town gradually worsened its relations with Messembria because the population of the latter was Doric while Anhialo was inhabited predominantly by Ionic people. At that time, the town lived on fishing, mining and salt trading. The shallow waters of the bay secured ideal conditions for that – it was where the town's first settlers discovered layers of salt in the sand. The ancient town was strething further inland over an area called Paleokastro (meaning Old Fortress), which still holds remains of that time. Anhialo suffered barbarian invasions and in the 8th century it was rebuilt by the Byzantine empress Irina. The town's frequently changed hands but all in all, it was for a longer time under Bulgarian than under Byzantine domination. Similarly to connecting Nessebar, in 1366 Anhialo was conquered and resold to Byzantium by Amadeus of Savoy and his knights. It fell under Ottoman rule together with connecting Nessebar in 1453. Ater the Liberation, Pomorie has around 12000 inhabitans or about 4times the then – population of connecting Bourgas. In 1906 the town caught fire and was almost entirely ruined down save for an ensemble of a few old houses in the eastern part of the town. It is widely known as a salt – mining centre. Abundance of fruit and vegetables has spurred the development of wine production and canning industries. Besides its lovely beaches, the town appeals to tourist with its mud – cure sanatorium built about 2km away from the town on the banks of the Pomorie lake. The curative features of the lake's mud were discovered already in the 3rd - 4th century BC, though the first mud – cure establishment was built here in 1902. The mud eases bone and muscular disorders, radiculits, rheumatism, sciatica, lumbago and etc. Outside the town a domed tomb – mausoleum (3rd - 4th century) built to host the corpse of a high – ranking Thracian, can be found in the area of Kouhata Mogila near the Europa Camping.



   SEARCH





Yard
from:
sq.m.
to:
sq.m.
Ref. number:

Min. price:
EURO
Max. price:
EURO

 SEARCH 




For more information or inquiries do not hesitate to contact us:


HEADOFFICE: 4, Targovska Str. Elhovo 8700, Bulgaria Tel: +359 478 88470; Fax: +359 478 88470; +359 88 584 1230 +359 887762939 sales@property-elhovo.com


Why Bulgaria  Why Bulgaria
History of Bulgaria  History of Bulgaria
Buyer's Guide  Buyer's Guide
Currency  Currency